Ortec Finance becomes a signatory to UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)Ortec Finance is proud to become a member of the Principles of Responsible Investment
Ortec finance has become a signatory to the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). By adding its name to a list of 2000 esteemed organisations around the world who have publicly demonstrated their commitment to responsible investment, the company formally reinforces and strengthens its position in sustainable investment.
“Ortec Finance is proud to become a member of the Principles of Responsible Investment. Our membership is in recognition of the strategic importance of responsible investment to both our clients and our own organization,” says Ton van Welie, CEO Ortec Finance.
The UN-supported PRI is recognized as the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment. It is a global network of investors working together to understand the investment implications of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors and have integrated the six PRI principles into their investment and ownership policies.
These six principles are:
- We(the UN-supported PRI signatories) will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision making process.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
( Source: www.unpri.org)
“We are very pleased to welcome Ortec Finance to the PRI,” said UN-supported PRI CEO Fiona Reynolds, “and applaud their commitment to responsible investment strategies in order to better meet the needs of their beneficiaries.”
While ESG was always critical to our investment process, the UN-supported PRI membership signifies our commitment to integrate responsible investment into our mainstream financial technology and solutions. We are developing applications of climate and responsible investment integration with regards to our economic scenarios generator, Asset Liability Management (ALM), risk monitoring and performance attribution tools. These will empower our clients to integrate climate and responsible investment throughout their investment process.