Quarterly Outlook: March 2020
Gain expert insights into future economic and financial market developments with the March 2020 Quarterly Outlook of Ortec Finance. Get the latest news and an in-depth analysis of the key drivers of risk and return. The Quarterly Outlook is based on the Ortec Finance Economic Scenario Generator (ESG) and offers our perspective on recent developments in the global economy and capital markets and what this means for the future.
The March 2020 Quarterly Outlook highlights include:
- Disappointing equity returns cause short-term return-reversal effects and improve our momentum outlook, accompanied by increased downside risk.
- A global recession is inevitable and the global business cycle has fallen into a contraction phase. We assume that the global economy will follow an uncertain U-shaped recovery.
- The magnitude and duration of the economic impact of the coronavirus outbreak remains highly uncertain. We assume increased financial market volatility and downside risk for the next two years.
- Furthermore, in these challenging times, models can help us to quantify, analyze and compare the potential consequences of various decisions.
Download the March 2020 Quarterly Outlook
- Simply complete the form below.
- For clients, a more elaborate version is available which includes risk and return expectations across asset classes, regions and horizons.
Previous Quarterly Outlook
Interested in our previous quarterly outlook? Download the December 2019 Quarterly Outlook here.